This course will introduce students to basic drawing, perspective, and sketching techniques using various media, to depict a variety of subjects.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
1. Use a variety of drawing media to communicate two- dimensionally.
2. Compose elements on a two-dimensional plane to produce various effects.
3. Create the illusion of light, shadow, tone, and texture on a two-dimensional plane.
4. Use basic one-point and two-point perspective to produce the illusion of three dimensions on a two-dimensional surface.
5. Produce drawings which accurately represent still life and figurative subjects.
6. Assess their body of work and compile drawing components for the fundamentals portfolio.
7. Articulate concepts related to drawing through written and or oral rationales.
1. MEDIA: Graphite, charcoal, conte, and pen/ink on
appropriate drawing surfaces.
2. Line, shape and volume.
3. Introduction to perspective.
4. Depiction of basic three-dimensional geometric forms.
5. Light, shadow, tone, and texture.
7. Gesture and human figure.
8. Portfolio development.
|Course Duration:||45 days|
|Schedule:||1 Hour/5 days a week|
|Course Duration:||25 Days|
|Schedule:||2 Hour/5 days a week|